Peanut butter is a great source of protein and other nutrients such as vitamins and minerals. Peanut butter is made mostly from roasted peanuts with some having added sugar, flavors such as chocolate, or other ingredients and preservatives. You should be careful while choosing your butter like the ones with anything other than permissible flavor and added salt aren’t the best options if you want to live a fit and active life.
What does peanut butter offer?
- Protein: A 100g serving of peanut butter can offer you around 25g of protein that makes it a great protein source. This amount is quite higher than many other plant-based foods.
- Fats: Yes, your favorite spread is rich in fats, but healthy ones. You can expect to get around 50g of fats per 100g serving. That translates to around 72% of the total calories you get from it.
- Carbohydrates: You get 20g carbs per 100g serving of peanut butter, of which 6g is fiber, tat is great for satiety and digestion.
Benefits of peanut butter
- Excellent protein source: Just as mentioned above, this creamy delight is a good source of protein and helps you in meeting your daily protein requirements.
- Great source of antioxidants: Peanut butter is rich in antioxidants such as p-coumaric acid. Antioxidants-rich foods help protect you against cellular damage caused by free radicals.
- Packed with vitamins and minerals: Micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals are quite crucial for your overall health and well-being. Peanut butter is rich in various vitamins such as vitamin E, B6, etc., and minerals such as zinc, iron, magnesium, niacin, and phosphorus.
- Good for heart health: Peanut butter contains monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids along with niacin, vitamin E, and magnesium that help in boosting the health of your heart.
- Regulates blood sugar level: Peanut butter is a low-carb source of protein, fiber, and good fats. It helps in managing your blood sugar levels and lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Most peanut butter are vegan and help you stay at par with your daily nutritional intake without giving you many calories, provided they do not contain any added sugar or other harmful ingredients.
Now, the most amazing result of consuming peanut butter- weight loss. Yes, vegan peanut butter can help you lose and maintain weight. Here is how.
Peanut butter and weight loss
Peanut butter is rich in fats and protein which makes it a satiating food. It also contains fiber which helps in keeping you full for longer periods of time and thus limiting your calorie intake. This can help with weight loss as well as management. There are multiple studies showing that peanuts and other nuts can be helpful with weight management and can also promote weight loss as they are a good source of protein, fiber, and fat.
As per a recent study, consumption of peanuts and other nuts can help reduce the risk of obesity and being overweight. Peanut butter helps in suppressing your hunger and blood sugar levels. Peanut butter also has a low glycemic index that does not cause a spike in blood sugar level.
How to lose weight with vegan peanut butter?
Now that you know how good this nutty spread is for weight loss, you would be keen to know, how. This versatile food works the best when you go for the ones with no added sugar, preservatives, and less sodium. Crunchy peanut butter is rich in fiber, folate, and protein that helps you meet your daily protein needs and also boosts digestion. Creamy ones are loaded with protein.
You can choose bGREEN Vegan Protein Butter which is a nutty and tasty spread with the lowest fat to support your weight management goals. This unsweetened and crunchy butter has no added sugar and salt and is also free from trans fats. One serving fuels you with 12.54g of protein. It is a blend of finely roasted peanuts, brown rice protein, and pea protein. You can also try other bGREEN products such as bGREEN protein, Supergreens & Fruits, etc. that are crafted exclusively for vegans and help them meet their fitness goals.